Wednesday, May 07, 2008

2008 IIHF World Championship - Sweden vs. Switzerland and more...

A friend of mine gave me a pair of tickets to go to this afternoon's game between Sweden and Switzerland, so I took the afternoon off and went to the game with my girlfriend.

During the 1st period, I noticed Tomas Plekanec, Patrik Elias and Martin Erat sitting in a section near ours, watching the game. I waited until the 1st intermission, then went up to them and got these 2 cards autographed by Tomas Plekanec:



I went for Tomas Plekanec because I had missed my chance to get his autograph yesterday... On the way back to my seat, I noticed Frantisek Musil, an assistant coach for the Czech Republic, was also sitting nearby, so I asked him if he wouldn't mind signing my 2 cards, which he did:



After the game, I went outside to the back of the Colisée and got Martin Gerber to sign these 2 cards for me:



Soon after, Team Belarus' bus arrived, as they were scheduled to play against France at 7 PM. I got Sergei Kostitsyn's and Glen Hanlon's autographs as they were getting off their bus.

No comments: