Saturday, May 17, 2008

2008 IIHF World Championship - Finland vs. Sweden

Today Finland was playing against Sweden for the bronze medal. After the game, Team Finland was the first to come out and I got autographs from Mikko Koivu, Saku Koivu and Niko Kapanen.




There were many Finnish fans waiting outside for Team Finland to come out and Olli Jokinen was really great with them! He lent them his bronze medal and took pictures of them with the medal around their necks! The fans were all really excited!

When Team Sweden came out, I finally decided to get my Washington Capitals puck signed by Nicklas Backstrom, since Alexander Ovechkin wouldn't sign it.



Anyways, from what I've seen on the autographs he has signed for other people, I wouldn't have cared much for Mr. Ovechkin's scribble, which is nowhere near as nice as his usual autograph (which I guess he reserves for paid signings or events like that). Not that Mr. Backstrom's autograph looks much better though! hahaha ;o) But at least his is consistent.

Every time I went for autographs after Finland's games, I was hoping to get Niklas Backstrom's and Tuomo Ruutu's autographs, but I haven't been able to recognize them at all! I almost got Tuomo Ruutu's autograph though. A Finnish player signed a t-shirt for the girl beside me and when I looked at the signature, I realized it was Tuomo Ruutu! Unfortunately, when I called him over it was already too late, as he was headed for the bus... :o(

No comments: