Friday, May 02, 2008

2008 IIHF World Championship - Russia vs. Italy

Today was the first official day of the tournament (first day of the preliminary round). Since I work during the day, I will only be able to get autographs after the games that are played in the evening. Tonight's game was Russia vs. Italy.

Before the game though, there was an autograph signing session at the Samsung FanFest, which is a place they set up next to the Colisée where all games will be televised. There are also many video games on the site as well as a special exhibit from the Hockey Hall of Fame. A different guest should be there every day to sign autographs. Best of all, access to the FanFest is free! Today's autograph guest was Patrice Bergeron. I got him to sign these:



I was happy to see my new silver marker working well!

Later, after the Russia vs. Italy contest, I went to the back of the Colisée and was able to get autographs from some pretty big names! Here's what I got:





The guy on the Central Red Army card is Vyacheslav Bykov, who is coaching Team Russia. He has a pretty funny autograph! :o) Alexander Ovechkin signed a few autographs, but he skipped over my Washington Capitals puck... I'll probably get a chance to get his autograph at another game (I hope)!

No comments: