Sunday, February 15, 2009

Quebec International Pee-Wee Hockey Tournament - My 2nd Outing

Today I went to the Colisée hoping to get autographs from Mario Lemieux and Mark Messier. Mr. Lemieux is here as the coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Mr. Messier, as the assistant coach of the New York Rangers.

The Pittsburgh Penguins were scheduled to play first, so I waited for Mario Lemieux to arrive for the game with his team. He arrived a little over an hour before the game and I was able to get him to sign this card beautifully:


Then, while the Penguins were playing, I waited for Mark Messier to arrive, since his team was scheduled to play right after the Penguins. He eventually got to the Colisée about 30 minutes before the time their game was scheduled to start. He hastily signed this card for me:


I thought he must have signed only one because he was in a hurry, as he's always been a very generous signer here at the Colisée in the past.

Soon after, the Penguins began coming out after their game and Mario Lemieux emerged from the locker rooms once again. I asked for another autograph, but he recognized me from before the game and he didn't want to sign another one for me at first, but I convinced him by telling him that I had only brought 2 cards for him to sign and that this was the last I had, so he agreed to sign it. I expected him to be a tough signer, since that's how he was last year. I understand that he must get asked hundreds of times every day though, so he probably doesn't enjoy signing twice for the same person in the same day... Anywho, here's the 2nd card he signed for me today:


Next, I waited for the Rangers game to end so I could get a chance to get more cards signed by Mark Messier. When he came out after the game, it didn't seem to be a problem for him to sign for me once again, but he only signed this one, even though I had handed him 3 cards:


I guess that means he'll only sign one at a time during this tournament... At least he signs! :o)

No comments: