Sunday, February 27, 2011

Guy Lafleur's Farewell Tour IP

Earlier today, Guy Lafleur played his last alumni game ever at the Colisée in Quebec City. It was a game between the Québec Nordiques alumni and the Montréal Canadiens alumni. For the occasion, the 3 Stastny brothers (Peter, Anton and Marian) played together for the first time since 1994 and Joe Sakic also played for the 1st time since he announced his retirement in 2009. I had a great time at the game! Guy Lafleur was very emotional during his speech after the game...

Even though the game took place in the afternoon, I arrived to the Colisée early to catch the players as they arrived to the arena. It allowed me to get autographs from a few players who didn't sign after the game, such as Joe Sakic, Peter Stastny and Guy Lafleur! Here are scans of all the autographs I got today:















And here’s who I missed: Anton Stastny (wouldn't sign before or after the game), Marian Stastny (same), Guy Lapointe, Claude Lemieux and others who I didn't know would be there, such as Donald Brashear and Mario Roberge...

2 comments:

Sal said...

Wow. Fantastic haul. I am jealous. You can't worry about who's autograph you didn't get...just enjoy the ones you did. Great job.

Hayzer's Autos said...

Nice autos! I got Steve Shutt a while back too! Check out my blog about sports autographs:

http://brendansgraphs.blogspot.com